It’s just about that time… time to place another candle atop my birthday cake! I honestly cannot believe how fast time goes – it feels like yesterday I was ringing in the big 3-0. In any case, the past 31 years have bestowed so many invaluable lessons – here are just a few… hoping you all can relate!
1) There is no secret pill – it takes working out and eating healthy. End of story.
2) Working out fuels your heart, brain and soul. And makes shopping much more enjoyable.
3) Give without expecting anything in return.
4) Not all who wander are lost. It’s a big world out there – go explore it.
5) Develop meaningful, long-lasting friendships.
6) Our parents aren’t perfect. They’re doing the best they can. Love them unconditionally.
7) Always have the courage to love one more time.
8) Remember that person you thought you couldn’t live without? Look at you living and shit!
9) Your grass will be greener where you water it.
10) Take accountability for your thoughts, actions and words. You can’t take them back.
11) Master a firm handshake and always make eye contact.
12) Find a pair of yoga pants that make your ass look amazing. Buy them in every color.
13) Learn to walk in sky high heels and invest in a few pairs. Trust me.
14) Stop saying “it’s not fair.” Life isn’t fair. Put on your big girl panties and keep going.
15) Order dessert.
16) Read often.
17) Be the girl girls want to be friends with. Most girls who says “girls are bitches” is a bitch herself.
18) Cereal for dinner isn’t acceptable after age 22. Learn to cook.
19) Don’t judge people. You don’t know their story.
20) Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle. Comparison will rob you of joy faster than you can imagine.
21) Every day is a chance to start fresh.
22) Never leave any words left unsaid. Never, ever.
23) Don’t underestimate the power you have to influence someone’s life. Be the rainbow in someone’s cloud.
24) You deserve someone who makes your heart skip a beat. Don’t settle for less.
25) Never say never. (excludes #22)
26) Always speak your truth, even if your voice shakes.
27) When it comes to drinking, quality over quantity is always a good idea.
28) Don’t take life so seriously that you forget to laugh and make fun of yourself.
29) When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
30) Love like you’ve never had your heart broken.
31) Be present. Life is short. Put down the phone and enjoy moments with loved ones. Make memories – they’ll last a lifetime.
What about you? Any life lessons too good not to share??