Great news! I have your new favorite breakfast! It’s fast, versatile, and full of flavor. Bonus – it’ll keep you full all the way till lunch.
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Tone It Up chocolate plant-based)
- ¼ small banana, frozen
- 1.5 ounces frozen blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/3 cup frozen cauliflower rice
Blend all ingredients in magic bullet or blender and pour into a bowl. Top with your favorite ingredients. I topped my bowl with:
- ½ cup Fiber One Original
- 1 tablespoon Hemp Hearts
- ½ tablespoon almond butter
What I love about this bowl: Based on my toppings listed above, my bowl packed 16 grams of fiber (more than half of my daily target of 25g), 24g protein and 15g fat. As a former bikini competitor, the fear of fat was engrained into my mind. Count your almonds. Measure your almond butter. Only eat ¼ avocado at a time. My avoidance of fat – healthy and unhealthy alike – resulted in a whole mess of metabolic, hormonal and reproductive issues, including the loss of my menstrual cycle, hair loss, and memory loss. With my eyes on starting a family one day, the days of 6 almond breakfasts are a thing of the past. In fact, there are a slew of scientifically backed studies showing the benefits of eating a combination of lean protein and healthy fat at breakfast to give staying power and satiety throughout the day.
- Grind your own almond butter at Sprouts, Whole Foods, whatever store is most convenient. You’re ensuring the cleanest version of the tasty stuff – sans fillers, preservatives, etc.!
- If you (like me) enjoy topping protein bowls with cereal, stay with those boasting less than 9g sugar. Fiber One happens to be one of my favorites.
- Have you heard of hemp seeds? These little bad boys have such a nutty taste and include a natural blend of digested proteins, essential fats (omega 3 & 6), gamma linolenic acid (GLA), fiber, iron, and tons of vitamins!
- I bet you saw cauliflower on the ingredient list and thought I was bat shit crazy. I PROMISE you can’t taste the cauliflower! And you may be wondering, “If I can’t taste it, why bother including it?” Great question!
Heart health – packed with heart-healthy nutrients including vitamin B3, B6, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, and folate (for you mommas to be, especially!). Cauliflower also contains allicin, which is associated with the reduction of heart disease and stroke, and the omega-3 essential fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid, which is studied to reduce biomarkers for cardiovascular disease.
Digestive support – reliable source of fiber and glucosinolates which help activate and regulate enzyme activity during the liver detox process.
Anti-inflammatory properties – responsible for reducing inflammation in chronic conditions such as ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes, and obesity.
So there you have it friends! This delicious breakfast will not only keep you full till lunch, not only fuel your body with key macro AND micro nutrients to power through your morning, but it will be whipped up in 5-10 minutes FLAT. I don’t care how busy you are – you have time to make this. So go make it! And leave a comment if you do!